Discover the Northern Lights – Photography tour
Experience the magic of Lapland and photograph the amazing Northern Lights! Going Aurora hunting with our professional guides, you have the best possible chance to witness the Northern Lights. We are Lapland’s top tour company specialised in Aurora photography and will ensure that you get the photos of a lifetime.
The focus of our expedition is the Rovaniemi area and we travel by minivan. We start with a team meeting about the tour of the day. You will get a short briefing about current weather conditions, Aurora forecasts and about our destination of the day.
Northern Lights are always unpredictable and there is no guarantee that we will find them every night. However, we give you the best possible chance to experience and photograph these mystical wonders of the Arctic area. What sets us apart from other tour providers is a genuine determination of finding the Northern Lights. With us you are a member of an exclusive team led by a professional expedition guide. Simply put, we are real Aurora hunters and rely on the following to succeed in our mission:
· background research into local weather and Aurora forecasts
· live information feed coming direct into our minivan
· local knowledge of all the best viewing spots
· willingness to go the extra mile – or a hundred miles – to find the Aurora
During the night, we normally go to 2-3 different locations which are always chosen according to local weather conditions and photographic opportunities. This means that if we have a clear sky and a possibility to see the Aurora 100 km away, we will take the chance and drive you there.
Altogether we have over 50 locations from which we can choose the best ones each night! After reaching our destination we leave the minivan and continue on foot to reach the perfect spots in the middle of the nature. In the destination our guide, a professional photographer, helps you prepare your cameras for Northern Lights photography and we are ready for the show of a lifetime!
- Wilderness/photography guide
- light lunch during the day
- hot drinks and snacks
- hike in the wilderness area
- hotel pick-up & drop-off
- minivan transportation
- backpack, bbq- gear
- warm clothing & winter boots (if needed)
- Your own camera (if you don't have camera, you can get a few photos from our guide or rent our DSLR camera from the office)
On those nights when we are unable to find Northern Lights because of heavy clouding or snowfall, we will concentrate on night photography in the middle of the Arctic nature and take you to some of our night photography locations!
As our tours are photography based and quite demanding we have a minimum age of 10 years to participate in our activities. If you are traveling with younger children, please contact us and we’ll arrange a private tour for you!
We highly recommend that you bring your own DSLR camera to our tours, as we cannot guarantee that you are able to take night photos with compact or phone cameras.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before event