Korouoma National Park & Frozen Waterfalls Adventure
See picturesque frozen waterfalls in Korouoma National Park and join us for a guided hike through wintery Finnish landscapes.
If you ever wanted to visit a frozen kingdom, this is your time! The Korouoma National Park looks beautiful in winter, and it's a perfect place to relax, recharge, and reset.
We will start our winter hike with a hotel pick up. Korouoma National Park is located in the municipality of Posio, and it spreads for 30 km. This long valley is a popular location for hikers year round, but in winter, it has an even bigger appeal. In addition to the snowglobe-like scenery, there are massive frozen waterfalls that will make you feel like you are in a fairytale.
The hike is moderate, but you will need to dress up in warm clothes, sturdy shoes and to be prepared for a unique experience. Don't forget to bring your camera, because Korouoma Canyon in winter looks like it's out of this world. The hike is 4.5 km long, and we will follow the official park trail. In the middle of our journey we will stop to rest at the camp. We will show you real Finnish survival skills including how to make fire in the snow, chop firewood, and light up fire for lunch! We will have some tea and lunch, before we continue to the finish line. Please note, that this tour is not suitable for children.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transportation during your journey
- Guided hiking trip 5km
- Complimentary snacks by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Sturdy shoes and warm socks
- Waterproof/windproof jacket and comfortable pants
- Warm comfortable outdoor clothing
- Gloves, scarf and head-wear
- Drinking water
- Tours include a pick up / drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled s or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled months or less before event