Northern Lights Hunting by Reindeer sleigh
3 hours and 30 minutes
Experience the thrill of Northern Lights hunting with reindeer sleigh. This is the adventure of a lifetime!
Reindeer sleigh ride is an essential Finish experience. Feel the thrill of skimming through snowfields, and get your Reindeer Driving license!
We start our adventure with a hotel pick up and a 20 minutes’ drive to the Sierijarvi Reindeer farm, one of the oldest farms in the region. The farm is located in the forested area just at the edge of a large lake. During the winter the lake is frozen, so you can see the ice crystals twinkling under the midnight sky.
The reindeers and their herders live on the farm. They will be happy to show you around. See where animals live and learn more about safety measures. After we go through the safety management it's time for a reindeer sleigh ride.
While chasing northern lights is our primary goal, there are no guarantees that we will see the lights. Nature is unpredictable so we can't make any promises of actually seeing northern lights. On your exciting reindeer sleigh ride, you will experience firsthand the beauty of Lappish nature. The ride is 2.5-3 km long. It's moderately fast so it's suitable for all ages. Please dress warmly because it gets cold in the evening.
All guests will receive a Reindeer Driving License to manage the reindeer team. Although symbolic, this license is a great souvenir. We will spend the rest of our evening at the farm, chatting by an open fire. In a traditional Finnish house, with snacks and refreshments, you will have an opportunity to learn more about reindeer herding and living in the countryside.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking guide
- 3km reindeer safari & Aurora hunting program
- Reindeer driving license
- Non-alcohol beverages
- A visit to a traditional Finnish reindeer farm
- Snacks and drinks by the open fire
- Gloves, scarf and head-wear
- Warm comfortable outdoor clothing, thermal underwear & winter shoes
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the safari.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 12 months or less before event