Trail riding and canoeing in Treeless Fell Lapland – Horse riding for three days and canoeing for two days
7 days and 32 hours
Polar Lights Tours
Welcome to enjoy unforgettable horse riding safari and canoeing trip in wilderness of Fell Lapland! The trail riding trip takes you along sandy roads, trough wild forests, by lakes and over hills and fells. The canoeing trip takes place in beautiful Palojoki river with professional guide. We overnight in wilderness cabins or tents without electricity or running water. During the trail riding trip we will also build up the fence for horses and prepare the camp together. You will also take care of your own horse and together we will prepare our meals and clean cabins in the mornings. Our finn horses are very safe and used to co-operating with different people.
Program will run when minimum four people are participating. Maximum number of participants is six.
Duration: 7 days and 6 nights.
Operated in 2019: 04-10 August / 18-24 August / 01-07 September
Return airport transfers, two nights in cabin with shared facilities, four nights in wilderness cabin or tents without private facilities, running water or electricity, full board (from 1st day dinner to 7th day breakfast) with Lapland’s specialties (e.g. sautéed reindeer, salmon, white fish, perch, forest mushrooms and berries, etc.), horse and it’s equipment, equipment for you: saddlebags and helmet, one canoe for 2-3 people, life jacket, a qualified English speaking guide, transportation of the luggage during safari.
- Sleeping bag. If you don't own one, you can rent sleeping bags from us for 25€ / person
- underwear for 6 days
- riding shoes / hiking shoes (preferably waterproof)
- camp shoes eg. crocs
- suitable riding clothing (two trousers, chaps, waterproof riding jacket)
- at least two pairs of riding gloves
- outdoor clothing (preferably wind- and waterproof)
- warm fleece shirt
- eg. woollen pullover
- set of extra clothing
- thermal underwear/long johns
- swimming suit, towels
- toilet articles (shampoo, soap, medicine, etc.)
- good sunglasses and suntan cream, spray and hat eg. against Lappish mosquitoes
- camera, headlamp
- If you do not own a sleeping bag, you can rent one from us for 25 € / person. Sleeping bag needs to be booked in the same reservation with the trip.
- We are located approximately 10 minutes ride from Levi center.
- This trip is only suitable for advanced riders
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 30% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event