Terms & Conditions
The booking confirmation contains important information regarding your booking. Please note that the content in the booking confirmation constitutes contract terms.You are required to check the confirmation as soon as you receive it. Any errors must be communicated immediately. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide in connection with the booking.
- Where two or more people are included on the same booking, or a booking is being made on behalf of a third party, the person making the booking shall be deemed to be acting as an agent for all members of the party and accepts the Visit Lapland Terms and Conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- Where a booking is made by telephone, the booking is subject to the client’s acceptance of the Visit Lapland Terms and Conditions.
- Payment is to be made on booking through the Visit Lapland booking site. The booking shall be binding once Visit Lapland confirms the booking and you have paid the agreed deposit or the full amount of the booking within the agreed time. Payment must always be completed before arrival. We apply a booking fee of SEK 100 for bookings through phone or e-mail.
- Cancellations must be made via email: [email protected], and will be confirmed by email. If no confirmation of cancellation has been received it is the responsibility of the guest to contact Visit Lapland on [email protected]. Cancellations must be made more than 14 days in advance of the date of activity for the guest to receive a 90% refund. In the event of a cancellation within 14 days of booked activity, Visit Lapland will not give any refunds.
- Visit Lapland maintains the right to cancel bookings at any time if it feels it will be unable to supply the service requested in a correct manner for example severe weather conditions. The activity provider will make the decision on the day and Visit Lapland will make every effort to contact the guest.
- If a day trip is cancelled the guest has the right to full reimbursement or to accept another tour that is comparable. Visit Lapland will always try to offer an alternative where possible.
- Any complaints should be directed first to the supplier och the activity. Complaints must be made without delay. If the defect is not corrected, you should contact Visit Lapland according to the contact information on the booking confirmation. If you failed to seek a remedy in time and therefore have not given the Supplier the opportunity to correct any defects, you will have forfeited your right to claim compensation for the defect. Any complaint or request for refund must be made by email to [email protected], within one calendar month of completion the activity.
- Visit Lapland will endeavour to honour special requests made, but are under no obligation to do so.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to fully inform Visit Lapland of all necessary details for the activity at the time booking.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to provide a full and valid mobile phone number including the International Dialling Code. It is the responsibility of the guest to check for messages left on this contact number during the final 24 hours prior to their activity. Any notification of changes to activity times or locations will be notified by SMS text or by calling the contact number provided. Visit Lapland will endeavour to take every possible route to contact the guest to inform of any last minute changes but takes no responsibility if the guest is not obtainable.
- Any changes to booking details must be made by email directly to Visit Lapland at [email protected], at least 3 days prior to the date of activity execution date. All changes are subject to availability and may be subject to an administration charge. Any modifications are made at the discretion of Visit Lapland.
- Promises made by the personnel handling the booking that are important to you should be noted on the booking confirmation so you will be able to cite them. We are not responsible for promises that the supplier or their representatives may have made to you directly.
- Force Majeure: Visit Lapland is not liable for failure to perform our mediated activities obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
- Personal Data Act: By paying, you agree that personal information may be processed by Visit Lapland. The purpose of this is to facilitate customary guest management routines, to ensure that Visit Lapland has access to reliable personal documentation in the event of an accident, to satisfy cancellation insurance conditions and to manage and treat any injuries. The data may also be used to provide information about insurance, payment services and travel-related offers. The guest can also be contacted for marketing research and marketing purposes, such as newsletters and brochures. Learn more about the Personal Data Act (PUL) at the Swedish Data Inspection Board’s site – datainspektionen.se
- Nothing can affect the consumers’ statutory rights.
- Swedish Law will govern these conditions, in all respects.